Certain transaction types completed in Heartland Retail are called financial events because they have financial impact. If you are using the Heartland Retail to QBO integration, these financial events create real time journal entries that will show up in (or sync to) your QBO account via the integration.
Financial Events that Create Journal Entries
Here is the list of Heartland Retail transaction types that create financial events in Heartland Retail. These financial events create journal entries in your QBO account:
- Sales Transactions
- Customer Deposits
- Purchasing Receipts
- Purchasing Returns
- Between Location Transfers
- Inventory Adjustments
- Giftcard Adjustments
- Cash Paid In/Out
Here is a more detailed article about these Journal Entries Created In QBO via Heartland Retail Financial Events. That article includes the actual resulting debits and credits you will see in QBO from the integration.
Steps Involved to Use the Heartland Retail to QBO Integration
At the highest level, the steps to set up and use the Heartland Retail to QBO integration, are below. Included below are links to more detailed articles for each step. These more detailed articles can also be found in the 'Accounting / Financial' section of the Help Center.
- Obtain, Set up and/or Prepare a QBO Account. If you don't already have one, you will need to purchase and prepare a QuickBooks Online account.
- Connect and Import. Connect Heartland Retail to your QBO Account and then Import the QBO Chart of Accounts into Springboard Retail.
- Configure (or map) financial events. In Heartland Retail, you will need to configure the financial events to map to the appropriate accounts in your QBO Chart of Accounts. This configuration tells Springboard Retail which QBO General Ledger accounts hat you want to Debit or Credit, based on the type of financial event.
- Start the Heartland to QBO Sync. Once the configuration (or mapping) of financial events is complete (#3 above), you will need to push (or sync) the financial events from Heartland Retail into QBO. This will result in journal entries in QBO for each financial event.
- Your integration is now complete and you can begin using the integration!
More Detailed Information on the Integration
For more information on the QBO integration, please see the 'Accounting / Financial' section of this Help Center. There are many articles with screen shots that will walk you through, step by step how to Connect, Map/Configure, and Sync your Heartland Retail to QBO integration. We do our best to provide documentation that allows even non-accountants to get the integration properly set up and syncing!
After reading all the available articles, should you have any questions about our integration and/or be interested in training related to the Heartland Retail to QBO Integration, please just let us know at HRetailsupport@heartland.us. We would be happy to help!