If you'd like to make it so that an item is no longer visible in your item list, you have two options. You can:
- Make the items inactive so that they no longer show up in searches.
- Permanently delete an item. (You are only able to delete items that have no inventory history.)
To inactivate an item in Heartland Retail, navigate to Inventory > Items from the top navigation menu.
Then search and select the item you want to inactivate, using the check box on the left. The inactivate button will appear in the top right.
In order to delete an item, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Inventory > Items.
- Search for the item(s) you would like to delete.
- Click the check box to the left of the item number you would like to delete.
- Once the box is checked the "Delete" button will appear.
- Click the "Delete" button.
- To confirm the deletion, type the word "Delete" into the text box that follows and then click the "Delete" button.
Congratulations, you have successfully deleted your items.