There are two areas in Heartland Retail where the QBO integration lives:
- Settings > Integrations > Quickbooks Online. This is where you connect (or disconnect) Heartland Retail with QBO, import your QBO chart of accounts and review the status of all financial events in your integration (synced, not sycned, errors in syncing, etc.).
- Settings > Financial.
This article explains what you need to do under #1 'Settings > Integrations > Quickbooks Online'.
Once your QBO account is set up (as per this article), you will need to:
- Connect your Heartland Retail account to your QBO Account and then
- Import your Chart of Accounts (COA) from QBO into Heartland Retail.
This document explains how to set up a Quickbooks Online (QBO) integration in Heartland Retail so that the financial events completed in Heartland Retail create Journal Entries that get booked to the appropriate general ledger accounts in QBO.
1. Connect to Quickbooks Online
To connect your Quickbooks Online account in Heartland Retail:
- Click the “Settings” link in the top navigation menu.
- Click the “Integrations” link in the left navigation menu.
- Click the “Quickbooks Online” link on the Integrations page.
- Click the “Connect to Quickbooks” button, under the status tab, and follow the prompts in the popup window to complete the connection.
After connecting your Quickbooks Online account, we suggest that you read the article, "Journal Entries Created in Heartland Retail for Quickbooks Online Integration" to ensure you have the appropriate accounts set up in your chart of accounts in Quickbooks Online.
Next you will need to import your accounts from Quickbooks Online.
2. Importing Accounts from Quickbooks Online
To import accounts from Quickbooks Online:
- On the "Integrations » QuickBooks Online" page, click the "Import Accounts" button.
A loading indicator will appear while the accounts are imported. Once the import is complete, a success message will appear.
To view the imported accounts:
- Click the "Financial" link in the left navigation menu.
- Click the "Accounts" tab on the "Financial" page.
All accounts from Quickbooks Online will appear on this page. You can delete accounts from this page, but note that when you re-import your Quickbooks Online accounts, deleted accounts will appear again.
Accounts need to be mapped to financial elements in Heartland Retail in order for journal entries to be completed in Quickbooks Online. Once your accounts have been imported from Quickbooks Online, you can begin the mapping process. Go here for instructions on how to Configure (or Map) Heartland Financial Events to Your QBO Charts of accounts.