This document outlines the procedure for adding a location to Heartland Retail.
To access "Settings" in Heartland Retail, click the "settings" link in the top navigation menu. Then click "locations" on the menu bar on the left side of the screen.
Adding a Location
1. Click the “New” button. This will bring you to the “New Location” page.
2. Type in a location reference number to the “Location #” field. This field is optional and can be alpha or numeric. If left blank, a number will be automatically assigned. You can change this number at a later point in time.
3. Type a location name into the “Name” field. This field is required.
4. Click the “Save” button.
You will now see that a switch has appeared above the “Save” button. This location is now “Active”. If you wish to disable it, swipe the switch and the location will be “Disabled”
5. Below the “Address” header, fill out the fields with the locations’ address
Adding a User to a Location
1. Click the “Users” tab at the top of the table on the Location page.
2. Click the “Add” button and a new window will appear.
3. Search the list of users and select the users you want to add to the location’s list of users.
4. Check the box to the left of the ID’s and click the “Add Selected Users” button.
5. A green success message will flash once the user has been successfully added.
Adding, Editing, and Disabling a Location’s Station
1. Click the “Stations” tab at the top of the table on the Location page.
2. Click the “New” button and a new window will appear.
All stations and locations need a cash drawer. If the station has no cash drawers, you will need to create one before creating a station. This window will allow you to create a cash drawer by clicking “Create a Cash Drawer”
3. Name the Station.
4 Click the “Save” button.
This station now has an “ID” associated with it. You can also see the station in the table under the “Stations” tab. To edit it, simply click the ID #.
You have successfully added a station!
Editing and Disabling
If you wish to edit information in a station, or disable the station altogether, you can do so by clicking on the station ID under the "Stations" tab in Locations.
1. If editing you can change the name, or attach/detach a cash drawer.
2. You can also deactivate by toggling the active/disable slider. This allows you to remove the station from your list while keeping the data if you want to activate the station later.
Adding or Editing a Location’s Cash Drawers
1. Click the “Cash Drawers” tab at the top of the table on the Location page.
2. Click the “New” button and a “New Cash Drawer” window will appear.
3. Type in the “Name” of the new cash drawer you wish to create.
4. Click “Save”
You will now see the cash drawer listed in the Cash Drawer Table. To edit the name of a cash drawer, simply click the ID number.
You have successfully added a cash drawer!