This document outlines the procedure for completing an RTV (return to vendor). An RTV is used when we are shipping product back to a vendor. We need to complete this procedure in order to remove the product from our inventory.
To create a new Return, follow these steps:
1. In the top navigation menu, hover over the Purchasing link.
2. This will bring down a secondary menu, click the Returns link.
3. This will bring you to the Returns page.
Creating a New Return
1. Click the “New” button.
This will bring you to the New Return page.
2. Click the “Set” link under “Vendor”
A window will appear with a list of all vendors. Search in the search field box, or through the pages to find the vendor of the item you are returning.
3. Click the “Name” of the vendor to assign them to the return.
4. Click the “Set” link under the “Return From Location”
A window will appear with a list of all locations. Search in the search field box, or through the pages to find the location you are returning the item from.
5. Fill out any other custom fields you may have set up.
6. Click the “Save” button on the right of the screen.
You’ll notice that the Return now has a number assigned to it.
Adding Items to Return To Vendor
1. Add items to the return by scanning them into the “Scan items here...” field or by clicking “Find” and searching for the items.
2. Once you have added all the items to be returned, click “Complete”
3. This will prompt you to print the return slip
You have successfully removed the item from inventory and completed a return.
NOTE: At any time you can leave the “Return #” page and return to it. It will have a “Pending” status in the “Returns” table.
Printing a Return Slip
1. Navigate back to the Returns page by hovering over Purchasing in the top menu and selecting Returns.
2. Click on the return number you wish to print.
This will bring you back to the returns page where you added items.
3. Click the Print Return Slip button to generate a PDF that you can print and send, or save and email.
Once a Return to Vendor is complete, the item will be removed from your inventory.