This document outlines the procedure for receiving merchandise against a purchase order in Heartland Retail.
Receiving the Merchandise
Before you can create a new receipt, you need to have received the corresponding vendor shipment with a packing slip included. As part of the receipt process, all items received must be scanned into the system or added via the "Select from Order" button. Once you receive the shipment and retrieve the packing slip from the box, you are ready to create the receipt.
Creating the Receipt
To create the receipt follow these steps:
1. In the top navigation menu of Heartland Retail, hover over the “Purchasing” link and select "Receipts" from the secondary menu. This will bring you to the Receipts page.
2. Click the "New" button on the Receipts page.
3. Click the "Set" link next to the Order field.
A list of all open Purchase Orders will appear. Select the corresponding PO that matches your packing slip by clicking on PO#.
4. Click the "Save" button to create the receipt.
You will notice that the Total Qty field is now populated with “0” and Total Cost field is now populated with “$0.00” As you scan items to the receipt, these fields will update dynamically with new totals. At the end of the scanning process, you should review these totals to be sure that they match the totals on the packing slip.
Scanning Product to a Receipt
You can now scan the items to start receiving them in:
- Place your cursor in the Item field and scan each item.
Each successive scan will be added to the receipt. Repeat as necessary until you have scanned all items to be received in.
Manually add Product Lines to a Receipt
You can also manually add product lines to a receipt:
- Next to the scanning box, click the "Select from Order" button.
In the popup, you will see all items that have not yet been received from the PO (and that have not yet been added to the receipt.)
- Use the checkboxes to select the items to receive from the PO.
- If you received all of the items on the PO, you can highlight/check off all items on the page by selecting the check box in the upper, left hand corner.
3. Click the "Add Selected Lines" button to add these items to the receipt.
Repeat as necessary until you have added all items to the receipt.
After you have reviewed for accuracy, you are ready to complete the receipt.
Completing the Receipt
After you have added all products to the receipt, it is time to complete the receipt. To do so, you must:
- Click the "Complete" button in the header of the receipt.
This will return you to the Receipts page, where you will see that the status of the Receipt has changed from “Pending” to “Complete.”
You have successfully completed the receipt!