This document outlines how to do a cash paid in/out in the POS.
To do a cash paid in/out in Heartland Retail POS, follow these steps:
- In the top navigation menu in the Heartland Retail dashboard, click the “Point of Sale” link.
This will bring you to the Point of Sale.
Creating a cash paid in/out
- Click the “Menu” button in the top left. It’s a button with three horizontal lines.
The menu panel will appear on the left side of the screen.
- Click “Cash Paid In/Out”
The Cash Paid In/Out dialog will appear.
- Select the type by choosing from the “Type” drop down menu.
- Type in the amount of the Cash Paid In/Out in the “Amount” text field.
- Select a “Reason” from the drop down menu.
This reason will be shown in the Cash Paid In/Out table in the POS. You’ll notice that the user is already assigned to the Cash Paid In/Out. Add a note, if applicable.
- Click the “Complete” button.
A window will confirm the dollar amount that was been added or subtracted from the stated cash drawer.
- Click the “Close” button.
You have successfully completed a cash paid in/out.