This article describes how to configure Heartland Retail to use the PAX PX7 device to process payments. The PAX PX7 is supported only by Heartland Payment processing.
To function properly, the PAX PX7 must be loaded with a Special PAXStore template for Heartland Retail.
We recommend you make any adjustments to the device at the PAXStore level to ensure that, if the device’s firmware is ever updated or changed, those updates will include the site-specific settings. If you do not set them at the PAXStore level, your settings will be overwritten by any downloads.
- You must add an PX7 SKU to an opportunity in Salesforce.
- The merchant account must have a Heartland Processing MID in Salesforce to complete the order.
- The merchant must be processing with Heartland Payments Systems.
PAX devices are set up in BroadPOS or PAXStore with a pre-configured template for Heartland Retail. We recommend you make any adjustments to the device at the BroadPOS/PAXStore level to ensure that, if the device’s firmware is ever updated or changed, those updates will include the site-specific settings. If you do not set them at this level, your settings will be overwritten by any downloads.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the PAX device, please email them to email@example.com, or call 1.888.909.8498.
Connecting the PX7 to the Network
You will need to configure the PAX PX7 device to connect to the site’s existing network.
- Power on the PAX device.
- Connect the PAX device to the network router/switch via Ethernet cable.
- To enter the main menu on the PAX, simultaneously press the Green Enter Key + 1.
- Enter the device password and press the green confirmation button on the keypad.
- Press the on-screen down-arrow and select Communication.
- Enter the password again.
- Press the down-arrow again and select LAN Parameters.
> Select LAN Type and confirm that it is set to Static..
> Select IP Address and verify that it is compatible with the existing network’s constraints.
> Select Gateway IP and verify that it matches the existing network’s Gateway IP.
- Press the down-arrow, select DNS IP, and verify that it matches the network’s DNS IPs.
Configuring Heartland Retail
Make sure your device is plugged in to a power source and is connected to your store's network.
Activate Heartland Gateway
In order to start processing transactions with Heartland, you need to activate it in your account.
1. Log in to your Heartland Retail account and go to Settings > Credit Cards > Location, selecting the location in which you are using your new device.
2. Click the Add Gateway button.
3. Click the Choose link under the Heartland logo.
4. Next, fill in the information required on the form. This should have already been filled in by the dealer/reseller already, but can be acquired for the device via broadPOS or the PAXStore.
Service URL: http://api2.heartlandportico.com
Sync your Device
1. In the Point of Sale left menu, click the Settings option as shown below.
2. In the Settings popup, select PAX Payment Terminal from the Payment Devices dropdown. The device should have a pre-configured IP address.
Congratulations! You are now ready to process credit cards with Heartland and your
Payment Signature Capture
- When connected with PAX PX7 devices via Heartland processing, signature-capture will be enabled by default. If you do not wish to use this feature, go to the Settings -> Location -> Station page at each station to disable the setting.
- Once you capture the signature on the PAX device, it will be sored with the transaction and will display it in the following areas:
> Under the payments section when viewing a completed Sales Ticket
> Under the payments section on a Sales Order
Customer Facing Display
The PAX PX7 can be used as a customer-facing display. In order to access this functionality, you must enable the Customer-Facing Display setting on the device.
Once you have configured the device, configure in Heartland Retail as described:
- Go to the Point of Sale screen and select the menu icon (displayed as ≡) located in the upper left corner.
- Go to Settings to open the connect app. The Customer Display Device dropdown will automatically display a list of all connected devices that support this feature.
- Select your device from the list to enable Customer Display.