This article describes how to configure Heartland Retail to use the PAX S300 pinpad to process payments. The PAX S300 is supported only by Heartland Payment processing.
To function properly, the PAX S300 must be loaded with a Special PAXStore template for Heartland Retail.
We recommend you make any adjustments to the device at the PAXStore level to ensure that, if the device’s firmware is ever updated or changed, those updates will include the site-specific settings. If you do not set them at the PAXStore level, your settings will be overwritten by any downloads.
You must add an S300 SKU to an opportunity in Salesforce.
The merchant account must have a Heartland Processing MID in Salesforce to
The merchant must be processing with Heartland Payments Systems.
PAX devices are set up in BroadPOS or PAXStore with a pre-configured template for Heartland Retail. We recommend you make any adjustments to the device at the BroadPOS/PAXStore level to ensure that, if the device’s firmware is ever updated or changed, those updates will include the site-specific settings. If you do not set them at this level, your settings will be overwritten by any downloads.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the PAX device, please email them to email@example.com, or call 1.888.909.8498.
Connecting the S300 to your Internet Network
You will need to configure the PAX S300 device to connect to the site’s existing internet network.
Power on the PAX device.
Connect the PAX device to the network router/switch via Ethernet cable.
To enter the main menu on the PAX, simultaneously press FUNC + 1.
Enter the device password and press the green confirmation button on the keypad.
Press the on-screen down-arrow and select Communication.
Enter the password again.
Press the down-arrow again and select LAN Parameters.
- Select LAN Type and confirm that it is set to Static..
- Select IP Address and verify that it is compatible with the existing network’s - constraints.
- Select Gateway IP and verify that it matches the existing network’s Gateway IP.
Press the down-arrow, select DNS IP, and verify that it matches the network’s DNS IPs.
Configuring Heartland Retail
Make sure your device is plugged in to a power source and is connected to your store's network, either via ethernet cable or wifi (depending on the device).
Activate Heartland Gateway
In order to start processing transactions with Heartland, you need to activate it in your account.
1. Log in to your Heartland Retail account and go to Settings > Credit Cards > Location, selecting the location in which you are using your new device.
2. Click the Add Gateway button.
3. Click the Choose link under the Heartland logo.
4. Next, fill in the information required on the form. This should have already been filled in by the dealer/reseller already, but can be acquired for the device via broadPOS or the PAXStore.
Service URL: http://api2.heartlandportico.com
Sync your Device
1. In the Point of Sale left menu, click the Settings option as shown below.
2. In the Settings popup, select PAX Payment Terminal from the Payment Devices dropdown. The device should have a pre-configured IP address.
Congratulations! You are now ready to process credit cards with Heartland and your new payment device.
Payment Signature Capture
When connected with the PAX S300 via Heartland processing, the signature capture is enabled by default. If you do not wish to use this feature, go to the Settings -> Location - > Station page at each station to disable the setting.
Once you capture the signature on the PAX device, it will be stored with the transaction and will display in the following areas:
- Under the payments section when viewing a completed Sales Ticket
- Under the payments section on a Sales Order