From the top navigation menu: Reporting >> Core Reports.
Filtering your Report by Location and Dates
Like your Sales Dashboard, you will see the same drop-down menu to set your Location as well as the Beginning and End Date period of the time frame you wish to report on.
Full List of Core Reports
Sales & Customer Reports
- Net Sales by Location- Use this report to track how sales are performing in individual stores.
- Net Sales by Item Description- Use this report to identify which items are performing. If certain items are performing very well you may want to place another order or drop items from your catalog that are not performing.
- Net Sales by Custom Field- Identify which item custom fields (Category, Brands, Style Names, etc) are performing well for you. This allows you to make more informed inventory/purchasing decisions.
- Net Sales by Vendor- Use this to help manage your vendor relationships and determine which vendors are performing well for you or not. This may also help you consider which vendors you want to go deeper into and which you may want to drop in the future.
- Net Sales by Sales Rep- Get an overview of how each of your sales reps are performing. Use this to calculate commissions, opportunities for improvement, etc.
- Top Customers- Use this report to identify your top customers. Create email marketing campaigns and/or exclusive offers catered to your best customers.
- Inventory on Hand by Vendor- Identify where you are deep/poor in inventory and use this information to plan for future purchase orders.
- Negative On Hand- Use this report to look for errors in receiving product or selling the wrong item and then make adjustments to fix the errors so the numbers are not negative.
- Adjustment Reasons- Use this report to identify if any adjustment reason is a large percent of qty or cost adjusted. For example: if “Damage” is a large percent, this could warrant a call to your vendors to discuss shipping methods or even product improvement.
- On Order- Use this report to view all open orders. By viewing the outstanding qty and cost expected, you can make a more informed buying decision based on your budget and merchandise qty.
- Overdue Orders- Use this report to view which orders are overdue (not received on a Purchasing Receipt) and follow up with the vendor to cancel or negotiate a discount.
- Sales Tax Collected- This report shows the tax collected on your sales transactions by location.
- Payments by Type- Use this report to view which payment methods were used by customers to complete transactions (i.e. credit card, gift card, cash or even custom payment type!)
Note: Core Reports will be reflected in one of the following formats/charts below:
Heartland Retail Default